rsync --daemon. Can I open more than one instances?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 01:57:52 GMT 2009

Is there a way to speed up rsync by opening more than one daemon in
parallel. I use rsync --daemon to start rsync. I was wondering if
opening more than one instance is recommended or feasible? I know that
for services like nfs for example I have had opening many instances
improve performance.

I have 4 cores available so if there are any other parallization modes
I'd be glad to know since I need to backup ~800GB data every day.

--
Rahul