Rsync with OS X 10.3
dualusbibook at yahoo.ca
Sat Jan 24 23:53:49 GMT 2009
Yeah that works as well. I cannot beleive I also mis-read the lookup table. I went to double check and I didn't catch the A instead of the B.
I've compiled with the ASCII values and everything works as expected. I'm still getting the other error so I'm not sure what has happened. I'll regenerate the disk image for backupbouncer as maybe the file has become corrupt.
For the index variable you chose an unsigned int. Is there a specific case you were thinking that would require the larger index value? I know having a signed value does not help as the index will never be negative but it will remove a compile warning. I'm currently using the signed version without any troubles.
--- On Sat, 1/24/09, Mac User FR <macuserfr at free.fr> wrote:
> From: Mac User FR <macuserfr at free.fr>
> Subject: Re: Rsync with OS X 10.3
> To: dualusbibook at yahoo.ca
> Cc: rsync at lists.samba.org
> Received: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 5:57 PM
> Le 24 janv. 09 à 21:41, Jason a écrit :
> > I've done some digging around and using the
> condition if(unicharName[index]==0x003B) /* == ':'
> */ we never meet this case. I tried changing the
> unicharName[index]==':' and the subsequent slash
> unicharName. After rsync is compiled I am able to handle
> the slash cases again.
> > We are dealing with the single character in the array
> so would this be safe?
> > The only oddity now is if I run this for the first
> time on the backupbouncer src and dst folder I get the
> following error:
> > rsync: rsync_xal_set:
> failed: Unknown error: -5000 (-5000)
> > When I run again I get no error.
> > I'm using the following argumens: -aNXxH
> --protect-args --fileflags --force-change
> > Jason
> Shame on me, I've made a stupid line following mistake
> on the ASCII table I looked at. Colon is 0x003A and NOT
> 0x003B. The code I gave you would change semicolon to
> slashes... Something useless. So, this mod should be the
> good one:
> + unsigned int index=0;
> = CFStringGetCharacters(cfStringName, range, unicharName);
> if(unicharName[index]==0x003A) /* == ':' */
> unicharName[index]=0x002F; /* == '/' */
> = carbon_error=FSMakeFSRefUnicode(&parentRef,
> range.length, unicharName, kTextEncodingUnknown, ref);
> Almost the same of your mod. Using ':' works, as
> you tested, but I prefer to use 0x003A instead of
> ':' because it makes a comparison between same
> variable sizes. It's a personal preference.
> As always, let me know if it works. If so, I will update
> the patch.
> Best regards,
Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail. Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca
More information about the rsync