slow rsync connection establish

tanshul22 tanshul22 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 14 00:20:13 GMT 2009

I am running the rsync server on a windows xp machine on my local network. It
is taking about 10-15 secs for me to get a connection with the rsync server.
Once the connection is established, i am getting transfer speeds of 5-6MBps
which is great. For every connection i see:

name lookup failed for 192.168.0.76: Unknown server error
[3820] connect from UNKNOWN (192.168.0.76)

I wonder if there is a way to disable the name lookup?

My conf file looks like:
use chroot = false
strict modes = false
hosts allow = *
log file = c:/rsyncd.log

# Label your rsync share here. Must be encased in square brackets.
# should be name of host (ie: staging.footjoy.com)
[rsync.test]
path = /cygdrive/c/rsync/
read only = no
list = yes