looking for Windows rsync without cygwin

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 04:28:24 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Eric S. Johansson <esj at harvee.org> wrote:
> I'm going to try the bandwidth limit and retries tomorrow.  I wanted to see if
> there were some other suggestions.

We're using the latest cwRsync in daemon mode over IPsec to transfer
about 100 GB per day from several sources to our DR site, and we have
not experienced any lock-ups for over a year. We did have such
problems with older cwRsync versions long ago.

What OS versions are involved? If your're using Win 2003 or newer, I
would make sure that TCP Chimney offload is disabled. Apparently many
third-party drivers enable TCP offload functions by default even
though the drivers or hardware is known to be buggy in handling of
some offload functions. We had all sorts of (very) intermittent
connectivity problems (hangs, drops, etc.) until we disabled all TCP
Offload functions on our severs with integrated Broadcom NICs.
Problems would occur about once per week on a high-volume database
server, and so it took forever to figure out what was going on.

Worth looking at perhaps...
--
RPM