Renamed files and directories

David Howe DaveHowe.RSync at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 23 17:16:16 GMT 2009

N.J. van der Horn (Nico) wrote:
> What is the current status of both rename-patches ?
> Are there alternative measures ?
>
> Frequently users reorganise directories and files.
> Recently a directory of 40GB was renamed...
> It took 3 weeks to re-copy all over an ADSL-link.
>
> I have followed the last couple of years the postings,
> and realise it is not as easy as it seems.
> But the users do not understand this at all 8-(

Hi all,
  Only recently joined the list - so haven't seen the last couple of
years worth of postings. Would there be a summary of the issues anywhere
handy? I have a customer who has issues similar to Nico regarding
directories being renamed with large amounts of storage needing deleting
and re-creating in a "stock" rsync install...