howto backup a Solaris 7 Server without its OS

Jende, Niels Niels.Jende at weistedv.de
Mon Sep 22 13:56:27 GMT 2008

Hi Folks,

I haven't used rsync as yet but today I have to. Basically I need to
backup all datas from one Server to another machine with the whole
structure. Here is what I have on mind and I am wondering if that might
be a way to go...

Connect the 2 machines - they shouldn't be at that time in the LAN - via
a CrossOver Cable

Then start rsync on the machine that should putt he datas to the new
machine like this:

rsync --verbose --progress -r -u -Hav /from/the_old_machine/
/to_the/new_machine

Ist the technically way okay and mor important is: Is the rsync command
I wrote correct?

If not, I hope someone might be willing and able to help me.

Thanks a lot
Niels