directories not correctly recognized rsync-3.0.4

Jan Thielmann jan_thielmann at gmx.de
Tue Sep 9 11:08:57 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm running rsync-3.0.4 on my UNIX system. I've just updated from rsync-2.6.9.
I'm facing a general problem with the execution of files during a transfer process.

The situation: 2 Directories (dir1 and dir2) on one machine with a some files in dir1 which shall be translated to dir2.

rsync does not correctly recognize dir1 and dir2 as directories. It tries to transfer dir1 as a file to dir2. Then, of course, it cancelles the transfer because dir1 is not a regulary file.

#building file list ...
#[sender] change_dir(/u/prak28)
#[sender] make_file(dir1,*,0)
#done
#THE FILELIST
#[sender] flist start=0, used=1, low=0, high=0
#[sender] i=0 /u/prak28 dir1 mode=0755 len=288 uid=3007030 gid=0 flags=5
#THE FILELIST END
#send_file_list done
#file list sent
#send_files starting