Rsync client under windows very slow

info at microon.net info at microon.net
Sat Sep 6 11:27:21 GMT 2008

Hi all, i'm using an rsync windows server under cygwin.
The rsync linux clients work very well, using all available bandwidth;
instead the only windows server 2003 client does not exceed the 80 KB/s when
transferring files, so it is very slow.
It is invoked through command line

rsync --verbose  --progress --stats --compress --recursive --times --perms
--links --delete --password-file .......

I've read something about patches available for windows clients, or running
rsync as server even on windows clients, but I've not clue on how deal with
this.
Any help please?
Thank you all.
Mik