Configuring Rsync to run without any user input or Cron job.

Etienne D edube at Beenox.com
Wed Nov 19 15:03:29 GMT 2008

Hi !

I would like to know if it's possible for Rsync to automatically mirror a
folder and it's content from one deamon to another. (or one client to a
deamon) Basically I want users to drag and drop files in a folder and Rsync
to mirror these files as soon as it sees them. A cron or schedule task is
not a viable solution since we can receive files any time of night or day
and we need to send them in very timely manner. I was looking into Rsync
list of parameters, but couldn't find that precise option... We were using
Double-Take in the past, but it's only giving us troubles. Thanks in advance
for the tip.