CPAN mirroring exclude syntax assistance request

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Sat May 31 21:41:31 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 14:12 -0500, David Favor wrote:
> Let me know if there is some way I can identify the protocol version of the
> funet.fi server as I saw no mention of this in the rsync man page.

I passed it the -X option, which it doesn't support, and got this:

rsync: on remote machine: -dXe.L: unknown option
rsync error: requested action not supported (code 4) at clientserver.c(685) [sender=2.6.8]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (4 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(635) [receiver=3.0.2]

So it looks like the ftp.funet.fi daemon is 2.6.8.  But I set up my own
2.6.8 daemon with a small number of files and couldn't reproduce the
problem.  I guess you should either take the problem up with the
ftp.funet.fi administrators (there seem to be some contacts at
http://www.csc.fi/english/funet ) or switch to a different CPAN mirror.

Matt