CPAN mirroring exclude syntax assistance request

David Favor david at davidfavor.com
Sat May 31 19:12:58 GMT 2008

Matt McCutchen wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 10:33 -0500, David Favor wrote:
>> Now I'm really confused.
>>
>> If I use the above command with -anv then all '/src/***' files are excluded.
>>
>> If I 'rm -rf src' and run the command again without -n then all the files
>> from src get synced again.
>>
>> I'm confused when -azn and -az work differently.
>
> OK, that would explain why Paul and I couldn't see the incorrect
> behavior.  It looks like there is a really perverse problem with either
> your copy of rsync or the one on ftp.funet.fi .  You might try a freshly
> compiled rsync 3.0.2 on your end, and if the problem persists, ask the
> ftp.funet.fi administrator.
>
> Matt

Bizarre. I just did and rpmbuild of rsync-3.0.2-0 under Fedora fc8 and installed
it on several servers. All the rsync between these newest version or rsync seem
to work as expected.

And still whatever files under src/ I remove are synced again.

It appears the funet.fi site is acting unexpectedly.

Let me know if there is some way I can identify the protocol version of the
funet.fi server as I saw no mention of this in the rsync man page.

If not... ah well...

--
Love feeling your best ever, all day, every day?
Click http://RadicalHealth.com/join for the easy way.