rsync from apache

Jean-Christophe Roux jcxxr at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 18:28:31 GMT 2008

Hello,

I have a bash script update.sh that contains:
rsync -- delete -avz -e ssh ${files} root at 64.XXX:/red
when I use that script  ./update.sh as root, it works like a charm as I set up the private/public key  properly.
When run from a php script through the apache  webserver
<?php
exec("update.sh");
?>
The  rsync line is ignored.
I understand that the php script is called under  the apache user, when the private/public key is for my root user. How can I  set the the keys so that the apache user can run fully the php  script?
Thank you