Rsync won't be quiet

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat May 10 16:18:25 GMT 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 06:27:27PM -0700, Patrick Nolan wrote:
> I thought the -q option and the redirection to /dev/null would
> keep it quiet under normal circumstances.  Apparently not.

It should.  You shouldn't even require -q since you're not using -v.
I tried out your setup, and didn't get any output at all, so I don't
know what you're seeing.

> Maybe I don't understand "transfer logging".  I believe it makes the
> client log its actions in "log file".

You have that right.  It indeed tells the rsync daemon to include info
for every transferred file, not just thinks like connects and such.