crypting remote data

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Wed Mar 12 01:31:54 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 17:50 +0100, david reinares wrote:
> I guess i'll have to figure out another way to rsync and crypt in a
> efficient way..another idea?

Unless/until the filtering patch is fixed, I guess you should go back to
your wrapper that rsyncs one file at a time.  I'm sure we can get -b to
work the way you want it to.  To improve the performance, you could
extend the wrapper to encrypt as many files as it has disk space for an
then call rsync on all of them.  There are also some tricks you can do
to reduce the connection overhead, e.g., use ssh's ControlMaster
feature.

Matt