rsync daemon not answering

Alejandro Celery acelery at pentatek.com
Fri Jun 6 13:02:39 GMT 2008

Hi everyone.
I have a problem: I was running rsync --daemon on a Ubuntu 6.10 linux
without problems. I used it to sync our company intranet from a Windows
host through deltacopy. Then I migrated my system to new hardware and
installed Ubuntu 7.10 on it. I run rsync --daemon with the same
rsyncd.conf file and it´s not listening to any requests. I´m trying to
sync the same directories from the same deltacopy client and it´s not
working. I do tcpdump on the rsync port and i confirm that the request
from deltacopy are coming through OK and checked my iptables OK too. But
for some reason the daemon doesn´t answer the requests.
Any idea what should I check? What should i post here to help you help me?
Thanks!

Regards,
Alex

--