rsync to mirror

Faisal Ashraf faisalgo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 17:52:25 GMT 2008

Hello All,

I am running mirror of a website i update my mirror using rsync but when i
run

rsync -avvvvvvzC --timeout=600 --delete --delete-after
rsync.voip-info.org::voipmirror voip-info/

I get this error

opening tcp connection to rsync.voip-info.org port 873
rsync: failed to connect to rsync.voip-info.org: Connection timed out (110)
_exit_cleanup(code=10, file=clientserver.c, line=94): entered
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(94)
_exit_cleanup(code=10, file=clientserver.c, line=94): about to call exit(10)

I increased v's to get more details ...

my system has no firewall enable remote site is also working and running i
am having this trouble with my hosting server only, if i run same rsync
command from my personal linux system it works fine. On both the system i am
running centos 5.0

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,