Making rsync compile under Mac OS X 10.3.9 with extended attributes

Vitorio Machado v.machado at permanence-informatique.fr
Sat Jan 26 10:23:10 GMT 2008

Hello,

It's cool to see that I'm not the only one trying this!

@Matt: I'm not in front of the 10.3 computer, but I'm almost sure
that the --enable-xattr-support option makes the "make" want to
compile acls.c giving the same errors.

If the problem is only data structure and constant definitions,
wouldn't it be possible to trick the compilation by addind a header
with it for Mac 10.3 computers?

But if it uses fonctions declared on those headers it doesn't found,
it's more complicated :/

Best regards,

Vitorio