Rsync 3.0.0pre8 and Mac OS X

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Thu Jan 24 15:11:51 GMT 2008

I see now that *Apple's* iconv does have the necessary "utf8mac"
encoding.  See:

http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/issues/detail?id=139
http://libiconv.darwinports.com/

So just pass --iconv=utf8mac,iso885915 when the Mac is sending and
--iconv=iso885915,utf8mac when it is receiving, and the problem should
go away.

Matt