two errors with 3.0.0pre9

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Feb 23 15:54:06 GMT 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 10:48:17AM +0100, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> Documents/arte/materiale/swisseduc.ch/www.swisseduc.ch/glaciers/alps/fieschergletscher/icons/
> rsync: unpack_smb_acl: sys_acl_get_info(): Unknown error: 0 (0)

The error 0 might have been due to a failure of the mbr_[ug]id_to_uuid()
function in sys_acl_get_info() -- the code was not checking the return
value of those calls.  I have checked in a fix for this.  If that is
what is failing, then the errno value should be preserved now.

> rsync: set_acl: sys_acl_set_file(Documents/temp/foo, SMB_ACL_TYPE_ACCESS):
> Operation not supported (45)

Seeing "not supported" failure messages when the receiving filesystem
does not support ACLs is to be expected with the --acls option.  The
file that has the ACL info should be the one mentioned in the error.
I'm not sure why you didn't find an associated ACL with that file,
though.