Compiling with --disable-iconv

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Feb 6 03:04:02 GMT 2008

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 07:21:34PM -0700, Rob Bosch wrote:
> I tried changing the HAVE_ICONV_H and HAVE_ICONV_OPEN but this does
> not resolve the issue.

Comment both of them out in config.h.

> I noticed in rsync.c that there is an #endif without a matching if
> condition at the end of the iconvbufs function.

That #endif matches the opening #ifdef ICONV_CONST much higher up (which
is why all the nested conditionals inside that block have an indenting
space).  The ICONV_CONST define will be forcefully undefined in rsync.h
if either HAVE_ICONV_OPEN or HAVE_ICONV_H are undefined, and that
disables all use of iconv_open().