rsync and MD5

Jeroen van der Vegt jeroen.van.der.vegt at technolution.eu
Tue Dec 16 14:05:53 GMT 2008

That decision obviously depends on processing power and network capacity
available. A recent thread on Slashdot
(http://tech.slashdot.org/tech/08/12/14/162235.shtml) mentioned this
research which might give more insight:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dga/papers/dsync-usenix2008-abstract.html

And btw, I though rsync used MD4, not MD5.

Jeroen van der Vegt
System designer
________________________________

Technolution B.V.
Telephone:         +31(0)182 59 40 00
Fax:              +31(0)182 53 97 36
E-mail:           Jeroen.van.der.Vegt at technolution.eu
Visit us at:      www.technolution.eu
Mailing address:  P.O. Box 2013 - 2800 BD Gouda - The Netherlands
Address:          Zuidelijk Halfrond 1 - 2801 DD Gouda - The Netherlands

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not be
passed on to, or made available for use by any person other than the
addressee(s). Technolution B.V. rules out any and every liability resulting
from any electronic transmission.