Rsync Auto Resume

Shane Uys shaneuys at uys.net
Wed Aug 13 18:28:44 GMT 2008

I am trying to copy a 5GB file over the internet with two Win2003
servers. The internet on ServerA occasionally drops the connection and
rsync terminates with error "connection reset by peer".  Is there a way
to keep alive, extend timeout or auto resume transfer? I tried using the
--partial but it just starts over with another partial. I tried using
the --timeout=1000 but still terminates the process after 60s. I have
installed cwrsync which uses rsync 3.03. Here is the current command.

rsync -e "ssh" file1.x user at server: