How to specify "--link-dest" on server (rsyncd.conf)?

hh.eu at gmx.de hh.eu at gmx.de
Tue Apr 29 22:30:04 GMT 2008

I didn't read all of your post, to be honest, so forgive me if this does
not help, but are you aware of rsnapshot <http://www.rsnapshot.org/> ?
It is very nice for snapshots and uses rsync 'behind the scenes'.

Search the list archives for info on this. In particular, this post
<http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2007-December/019470.html> comes
to my mind which deals with a situation similar to yours (if I haven't
misread your description): rsync daemon on server, no changes on
clients,
clients "push" backups to server, server handles snapshots.

-Moritz