My Filter Setup

intripoon intripoon at gmx.de
Sun Apr 13 14:31:59 GMT 2008

Hi !

I want to copy my files back and forth between two pcs with rsync.
Basically I've got it running, but I want to filter out some file types
and wasn't able to figure out a way to do what I want. What I want to do
is this:

Basically copy all files from A to B, except files ending with some
extension EXT. For those files, the following should apply:

If a file with that name exists on A and on B, do nothing, meaning,
keeping the target unmodified, do no syncing whatsoever.
If a file with that name exists on A but not on B, do nothing again.
If a file with that name does not exist on A but on B, delete it on B.
(If a file with that name does not exist on A and on B, rsync won't
notice it ;)

I tried with different combinations of --delete and --delete-excluded
and the filter rules like risk, protect and hide, but I wasn't able to
create this behavior. Isn't it possible?

I use cwRsync: "rsync  version 3.0.0  protocol version 30" on windows. I
start rsync as a daemon on one side and connect to it from the other. I
assume it doesn't matter whether A or B is the receiver. I also tried it
locally on one pc only copying from one directory to another.

Best regards
    Marc