Mapped Drive

Stephen Zemlicka stevezemlicka at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 18:45:16 GMT 2007

OK, let's say this is the first sync and every file is being transferred.
The checksum for each of the files is cached on the local drive.  Then, the
next time you sync, it checks the checksum from the cache against the file
to be copied.  If it matches, it skips it.  If it doesn't match, it just
transfers just the difference.  It then replaces the checksum of that
transferred file to the cache.  That way one could have a remote data store
and not have to run rsync on the remote system.  IE, you could have a mapped
drive or FTP folder or S3 storage area that would all be rsyncable.

Stephen Zemlicka
Integrated Computer Technologies
PH. 608-558-5926
E-Mail stevezemlicka at gmail.com