Mapped Drive

devzero at web.de devzero at web.de
Sun Sep 30 08:46:04 GMT 2007

for now there is no caching - anyway - how should checksums be cached?
if mtime/size is no reliable method for detecting file changes and checksum is the only method - to detect if you need to update the cache you need to ... checksum .... and thus a checksum cache is quite nonsense, imho.

> I suppose it could be cached at either storage location.
if you use rsync on a mapped drive, you have no "local" and "remote" storage location from an rsync`s point of view, because rsync isn`t being executed on the remote node. so if rsync calculates a checksum it`s always transferring the whole file via mapped drive.

regards
roland