using rsync on selinux

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 23:56:23 GMT 2007

On 9/24/07, Richard Riley <rriley at procuri.com> wrote:
> Searching the WEB, I have found references to a
> "-X" option to rsync, but this option does not exist in the RHEL4
> version of rsync.

> Is there rsync source code somewhere, compatible with my OS, I
> could compile that would fix my problem?

Yes.  The latest stable release of rsync is 2.6.9, and it comes with a
patch that adds support for -X ( patches/xattrs.diff ).  The source
package is at:

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-2.6.9.tar.gz

Or you might like Fedora 7's RPM of an rsync 2.6.9 binary patched with
ACL and extended attribute support:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/Fedora/rsync-2.6.9-2.fc7.i386.rpm

Note that -X works only if the rsyncs on both ends of the copy support it.

Matt