rsync daemon troubleshooting

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Sep 18 14:01:25 GMT 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 10:41:27PM -0500, chuang liu wrote:
> I already have "port=5550" in the rsyncd.conf. It looks like I still need
> to add "--port=5550" in the command line. Is this a known issue with rsync
> or do I miss anything? I am running rsync version 2.6.3.

The "port" and "address" daemon-config items were added in 2.6.4.
Before that they were just command-line options.  Your daemon's logfile
should have a complaint about the port directive not being understood.

> > rsync rsyncd.conf rsync://deb-004:5550/ftp/random2.conf
> @ERROR: max connections (4) reached - try again later

That should mean that 4 others are connected already.  Look on the
server to see if any daemon processes are still running (in addition
to the server).