[U] RE: Rsync Errors

Peter, Theresa M Ms CONT USAAC THERESA.PETER at USAAC.ARMY.MIL
Tue Sep 4 21:56:11 GMT 2007

UNCLASSIFIED////

I am still trying to figure out whether or not we have that savetransfer
option already on the box. It may take me a bit to get a new package
installed due to software cycle that we have to go through before putting it
on the box.

Looking into this more... The following errors were the first that we saw:

   rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes [sender]: Broken pipe
(32)

   rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(1122)
[sender=2.6.9]

   rsync: read errors mapping "/soinc/soinc_std_001" (in CYA): No data
available (61)

   rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(683)
[sender=2.6.9]

Since then we have been seeing the following errors on every rsync:

   Invalid checksum length 39976960 [sender]  **** Variable lengths listed
****

   rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at io.c(954)
[sender=2.6.9]

   Invalid remainder length 39976960 [sender]

   rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at io.c(960)
[sender=2.6.9]

   Invalid file index: 2046101527 (count=1730) [sender]

   rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at sender.c(174)
[sender=2.6.9]

I am hoping that with the additional log entries...someone might have an
idea what is going on and the best way to get it back to normal.

Theresa Peter
Unix Team
CSI - Data Services
ISA-USAAC