Rsync 3.0.0pre2 released
wayned at samba.org
Fri Oct 12 00:56:02 GMT 2007
I've just released rsync 3.0.0pre2, the second pre-release version for
the upcoming 3.0.0 release.
Please test this out and email the rsync mailing list with any
questions, comments, bug reports, etc. Thanks!
You can download the tar file and its signature from here:
This version has the following fixes since pre1 was released:
- Fixed the listing of directories with --list-only, --relative, and
--no-recursive. This fix involved getting rid of an old "FIXME" in
the code where a non-recursive listing would list directories on
the server using -r and an extra exclude to drop the content of
sub-directories (which could fail to work if the user had their
own excludes). The code now sends the --dirs option for a
- Fixed a delete glitch with --relative, --no-recursive, --dirs, and
- Improve the internal flagging of implied directories and those that
were sent with and without content.
- Fixed a problem with the remote charset arg when using the new
- Fixed a build glitch for some strange iconv setups.
- Fixed a problem in the AIX ACL code.
- Fixed a build glitch for some pre-processors that didn't like an
#if conditional inside a macro.
- Improved patches/dynamic-hash.diff (which is one solution that
should help to speed up the transfer of really large files) so that
it doesn't also slow down the transfer of normal-sized files.
To see a full summary of the changes since 2.6.9, visit this link:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/attachments/20071011/ee8482a9/attachment.bin
More information about the rsync