Recognizing directory name changes

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 23:58:23 GMT 2007

On 10/11/07, Frank Thomas <fthomas at radiology.ca> wrote:
> Thanks Matt again for the info. So now I'm feeling foolish. I tried to just pull the latest version of this from the cvs and I keep getting the following errors when I try to click onto 'download'.

Yes, the cvsweb seems to be broken; I have reported the problem to the
Samba webmaster.

However, I don't understand why you would want to download just
detect-renamed.diff from the CVS.  For best results, you should use
the same version of detect-renamed.diff as the rest of the source
files; you can either check out the entire CVS tree with a CVS client
or download a recent release or snapshot tarball from
http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/ .  And you only need to do any of
this if you want to replace the source tarball included in the source
RPM with something newer.

Matt