non-recursive remote listing breakage in 3.0.0pre1

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sun Oct 7 07:56:54 GMT 2007

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 10:27:38PM -0700, Wayne Davison wrote:
> No, it's just incomplete.

Actually, you were right.  Turned out I just needed to limit the check
to when inc_recurse was active, as that is the only time that the
--no-implied-dirs code needs to include implied directories in the
recursion sequence, and thus the only time they need to be ignored (the
inc_recurse mode can't have non-implied dirs w/o FLAG_XFER_DIR, since
we know that --recursive is active).

Sorry for the terse response.  I was in the middle of debugging that
very thing due to the problems brought to light by your earlier report,
but you had no way of knowing that I was still working on the deeper
problems at the time...

The latest CVS code has fixes for the incomplete listing bug(s), the
case where too many dirs were getting marked with FLAG_XFER_DIR when
--recursive wasn't set (which could cause the dir's contents to be
deleted erroneously), and for the incomplete detecting of certain dot
dirs when --relative was set (as noted in your last report).

A big "thanks" to everyone for the testing and bug reporting!  Please
keep it up!