cygwin rsync windows to windows ACL problem

Stephen Zemlicka stevezemlicka at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:00:00 GMT 2007

I don't think so.  Let's get terminology out of the way first.  The computer
sending data is the client and the computer storing the backups is the
server.  Rsync needs to read the whole file stored on the server to know
what data the client needs to send.  Since you are only running rsync on the
client, the entire file needs to be transmitted from the server to the
client, then read and analyzed.  Then, a partial transfer may occur.  So you
can do a partial transfer but before that is possible, the client needs a
full transfer from the server to see what it needs to send.

Stephen Zemlicka
Integrated Computer Technologies
PH. 608-558-5926
E-Mail stevezemlicka at gmail.com