rsync error?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Fri Nov 16 09:07:53 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 11:31 +0100, Daniel Maher wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 22:55 +1300, Morgan Read wrote:
>
> > [morgan at morgansmachine ~]$ rsync -a -X -A -z -v /home/morgan/Documents
> > 192.168.1.30:/home/morgan/Documents
> > morgan at 192.168.1.30's password:
> > building file list ... done
> > rsync: rsync_xal_set:
> > lsetxattr("Documents/Projects/CBT/SH20/HearingSubmission/ManukauBridgeSubCBT_PostPatrick_3_2.doc","user.Beagle.AttrTime") failed: Permission denied (13)
> > rsync: rsync_xal_set:
>
> Though i'm relatively new to rsync, i've been mired in ACL and xattrs
> hell for a while now, and have seen this behaviour before. :P
>
> Can user "morgan" set ACLs on the filesystem of the receiving machine?
> If so, can user "morgan" set ACLs to the exactly the same state as the
> sending machine?  If the answer to either of these is "no", then you're
> going to run into problems like the one you've described.
Don't know but suspect "no" is the answer to both Qs: destination system
is my old laptop running fc5 that I'm begining to use as a mirror, with
a file system that pre-dates fc5 (perhaps 4 or 3).  Not sure ACLs were
up and running on it.  Once everything is sorted I"ll be updating it.

Regards,
M.
--
Getting errors: "There are problems with the signature" (or similar)?
Update your system by installing certificates from CAcert Inc, see here:

Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND
<mailto:mstuffATreadDOTorgDOTnz>

fedora: Freedom Forever!
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

"By choosing not to ship any proprietary or binary drivers, Fedora does
differ from other distributions. ..."
Quote: Max Spevik
       http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220

RMS on fedora: