rsync error?

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley at terpstra.ca
Thu Nov 15 18:37:51 GMT 2007

On Nov 15, 2007, at 10:55 AM, Morgan Read wrote:
> Can anyone help me with the following error - is it serious; is the
> file
> transferred; are the other files transferred?

The file is transferred as are the other files.
However, rsync probably gives a non-zero exit status.

> lsetxattr("Documents/Projects/CBT/SH20/HearingSubmission/
> ManukauBridgeSubCBT_PostPatrick_3_2.doc","user.Beagle.AttrTime")
> failed: Permission denied (13)

The things that failed to copy are meta-data used by beagle (the
gnome desktop search tool). This meta-data is expendable. Don't worry.

As a point of interest; what version of rsync is this, and was the
file read-only?