2.6.9 w/ acl, xattr, and fake-super support?

Daniel Maher dma at witbe.net
Fri Nov 16 11:30:50 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 11:45 +0100, Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:

> 	autoconf
> 	autoheader

> The only "problem file" is then the proto.h. However, a quick
> inspection shows that you just need to add the lines:

After applying the patches, adding the indicated lines to proto.h, and
running autoconf & autoheader, i was able to compile /clean/ on both the
server and the client machine.

> I worry, though, that this won't solve your problem:
> > Internal error: wrong write used in receiver.
> > rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at io.c(1204)
> > [generator=2.6.9]

Your worry was justified.  Despite the clean compile, i am still
receiving exactly the same error.

> The missing prototypes should only matter on non-intel machines. I'd

Both machines are i386, running fc7 (server), and centos4.2 (client).

> 3.0.0pre1 came out. :-( Just to make sure: you have the same patched
> rsync on both sender and receiver, right? If you use -X or -A they
> must match.

I am using exactly the same source and compiling on each machine
separately, as the binaries from one will not run on the other.

> Hope this helps!

I appreciate the response, that's for sure!  If you have any more
advice, i am very open to hearing it. :)

--
dan.