2.6.9 w/ acl, xattr, and fake-super support?

Daniel Maher dma at witbe.net
Fri Nov 16 09:08:55 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 19:35 +0100, Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2007, at 3:02 PM, Daniel Maher wrote:
> > I can successfully apply both acls.diff and xattrs.diff to the 2.6.9
> > source, however, fake-super.diff is not as smooth:
> > $ patch -p1 < patches/fake-super.diff
>
> Did you apply first acfs, then xattrs, then fake-super? You need to
> apply them in that order.
>

> I had no problems when I did this.
> Can you give the complete sequence of commands you are running, from
> untarring to patching the fake-super patch? (again: first acl, then
> xattr)

Thank you for your reply.  My exact sequence is as follows:

$ tar -xzf rsync-2.6.9.tar.gz
$ cd rsync-2.6.9
$ patch -p1 < patches/acls.diff
$ patch -p1 < patches/xattrs.diff
$ patch -p1 < patches/fake-super.diff

For reference, i am using patch 2.5.4 standard on a relatively fresh
install of Fedora Core 7.  For the sake of completeness, i have included
the diff rej files as an attachment.

At this point, i would gladly accept a tarball with the patched
sources. :P

--
dan.