Status of --ignorcase option in main tree/build?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri May 4 20:05:48 GMT 2007

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 03:27:18PM -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
> That said - you said '3.0', and 'fairly soon'... does that mean that
> 3.0 will be the next major release?

Yes, 3.0.0 is what is being worked on in CVS (as mentioned on the rsync
web page).  You can check it out via the repository or via the nightly
tar files.  It will take a while for the planned features to be complete
and then for enough testing to happen on the end result, but I'm using
3.0.0 on all my personal systems as my main rsync, so the software is in
good enough shape to be used now as long as you're willing to keep an
eye out for problems and report them.