Files copied into wrong directory

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 17:00:00 GMT 2007

On 7/19/07, Alan Cheers <cheersa at brunswickcc.edu> wrote:
> I've got to be overlooking something but when I use rsync client to copy files from one box to another it creates the folder/files in the root directory instead of what is specified in the module path statement.

Did you write the destination with a single colon?  If so, replace it
with a double colon.  A single colon indicates rsync over a remote
shell; you have to use a double colon to access an rsync daemon.  This
is a very common mistake.

If that isn't the problem, please send your rsync command line and
daemon configuration file so I have a clue what your setup is.

Matt