Files copied into wrong directory

Alan Cheers cheersa at brunswickcc.edu
Thu Jul 19 16:23:30 GMT 2007

I've got to be overlooking something but when I use rsync client to copy files from one box to another it creates the folder/files in the root directory instead of what is specified in the module path statement.

I have tried it via ssh and without.  With user authentication on and without.  I also stripped down the daemon config file to the bare minimum.  Still no luck.

Can somebody explain to me what I am doing wrong?  What is the relationship between rsync daemon and the path?  What would prevent it from using the specified path?

Thanks for any tips.

-Alan