using rsync 3.0.0 CVS version

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Jan 30 04:16:54 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 06:33:19PM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
> Unfortunately the current CVS version (updated a couple of hours ago)
> still hangs :(

I found another potential hang scenario that could happen if the
generator was having to wait for a new file list to arrive, but failed
to tell the sender that the oldest file-list had been completed.

The code that I just checked into CVS handles this all in a much better
fashion, so I'm hoping that it should make it through your big transfer
without hanging now.  (The "nightly" tar file was updated as well.)