bug with --link-dest ?

it-rsync at ml.epigenomics.com it-rsync at ml.epigenomics.com
Mon Jan 22 09:33:29 GMT 2007

Hi!

I am running rsync 2.6.4 (on Debian sarge) and I am experiencing a
strange behaviour.

I am trying to create an identical filetree on the same filesystems with
the single files being hardlinks to the source like this:

rsync -vaH --progress --delete --stats --numeric-ids -x --link-dest=/path/to/filetree/ /path/to/filetree/ /path/to/current/

/path/to is one filesystem. This creates hardlinks for the files in
/path/to/filetree/ in /path/to/current/

When calling rsync with relative paths like this:

cd /path/to; rsync -vaH --progress --delete --stats --numeric-ids -x --link-dest=./filetree/ ./filetree/ ./current/

rsync does not create hardlinks but copies the files instead.

Is this intentional behaviour?

Greetings
--
Robert Sander