memory problem

Preeti Joshi preetijoshi79 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 08:35:09 GMT 2007

Hi,

I am using rsync-2.5.5 on power pc system. It is an embedded system with
very low memory few MBs. Most of the time only 4-5 MB memory is free (as
shown using free command). I have an application that periodically (every 20
sec) fires rsync command from system command i.e. system ("rsync..") to a
remote m/c connected to it. The data I have to rsync has hardly 60 files
with total size of 4MB.
My problem is that even with this short file list and such small sized
files, rsync leads to OUT OF MEMORY error within 2 hours killing itself and
many other applications!
Is there any solution?

Regards,
Preeti