rsync over smb share

Tony Abernethy tony at servacorp.com
Thu Jan 11 02:04:08 GMT 2007

The modify-window switch (actually 1 is supposed to be enough)
is because DOS cannot store odd seconds
and an even number and an odd number are never the same number.

If I am understanding you right, the ssh should NOT be there. (flames
invited if I'm wrong)
You are rsyncing from a local source
to a local source
(the smb share is remote, but your access to it via samba is local)

The times of interest
The timestamp on the source file
The implicit timestamp based on when the source was copied to the
destination
Which is what is left on the target?
(With windows, there is a confusion between when the copy started and when
the copy ended)