rsync over smb share

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Wed Jan 10 22:23:35 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 10:39 +0000, Stuart Halliday wrote:
> You need to make allowances for the 2 different time systems.
>
> Put this in the Rsync line --modify-window=3

Thanks, but no help, I even set it as high as 100 and still syncs all
files every time. I compared the time on both server, the Unix box where
rsync is running the following command is 17:20:38 while the Windows
2000 server is 5:17:30 PM. I'm sure I can get them in sync, but wouldn't
the --modify-window suggestion take care of this?

rsync -aze ssh --progress --stats --modify-window=100 /path/to/source /path/to/mounted/smb/share/

--
Robert