Migrating Rsync Disk

pichi pboynton at fbsa.es
Fri Dec 28 17:48:30 GMT 2007

>That's more an installation question than an rsync question...

OK thanks for your reply, but it leads me to think of how rsync works. I
don't need a huge answer but how will  server A (target) know that it has
rsync(ed) with server B if this is the first time they have talked? I mean
when I reinstall the OS and rsync, there are no more references on the
target server, and I would hate to have to do another full copy because it
took days.

Thanks,