rsync hangs when accessing through SSH (Leopard OS X)

Greg Loesch kreansocerplayer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 20:39:55 GMT 2007

To preface, I'm running Leopard OSX and am using rsync  version 2.6.9
protocol version 29.

Whenever I attempt to sync (using rsync obviously) a folder on my
local drive to my web server (netfirms.com is my web host) using SSH,
the process hangs. I have to force kill it in order to continue using
Terminal. I can connect to my server space using SSH just fine by
itself, and I ran rsync to sync two folders locally just fine. Is
there some special syntax I need to use when using rsync with SSH?
I've searched google and the mailing lists, and I didn't find much.
I'm fairly inexperienced with Unix, so I believe that I am the culprit
of this problem :-)

This is the syntax I'm using:
'rsync -avz /iWeb/test [username]@ssh.netfirms.com:TEST'

(I have tested using just '-v' and nothing is displayed)
/iWeb/test is the folder I'm trying to sync to the folder TEST on my
web space.

Is this a problem I need to take to my webhost, netfirms.com? Or is
this an issue with my rsync configuration? Like I said, I know little
about unix, so I have a feeling I may have configured something wrong.
This is really frustrating me, and help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

-Greg