rsync out of memory at 8 MB although ulimit is 512MB

mjacob at union06.de mjacob at union06.de
Thu Aug 30 06:40:53 GMT 2007

Thanks, Matt, this is a really good answer to my question.
I already wrote a script recursing into directories only
doing smaller parts because I needed a fast solution.

However this needs a little more work because some
inodes in the tree can be removed or changed so
at the target directory there might be some directories
files left. So far this is no problem to me/us.

Unfortunately new versions are not build for AIX
by IBM and our company rely on them. So this will
last a long time ...

Maybe I can argue them into build it ourself. :-)

Kind regards,
  Marco
--
Marco Jacob, PMP