Rsync and MS Exchange

stevezemlicka stevezemlicka at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 16:22:20 GMT 2007

I am backing up customers data over a vpn using rsync.  Someone requested to
sign up for my offsite backup and they have exchange.  I am wondering the
best way to backup exchange with rsync.  Can I just stop the services before
the backup and then restart them afterward.  Their uptime isn't critical so
being down for an hour at 1am or something like that wouldn't be too bad.
Any help would be appreciated.

Additionally, I am thinking I want to setup deltacopy to simplify the rsync
backups.  What are people's take on this?