Rsync stops randomly (using vanished files bash script)

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Fri Aug 24 07:35:43 GMT 2007

At 06:58 24.08.2007 +0200, Samuel Vogel wrote:
>I don't think this is possible. Pretty much no services except ssh are running on the machine that I'm running the rsync client on. The partition I'm transferring the files to hast 400GB of space left and 3.7 GB of my 4GB memory are still free...
>Any other suggestions?
>
>Do you think it could be possible that the machine which I'm fetching the data from run out of ram? I think the the client should have thrown some error message at least.

What rsync version are you using? Up to he last official (2.6.9) there
seems to be an error that rsync can deadlock, see here:

http://marc.info/?l=rsync&m=116932447411768&w=2

I also had this problem, especially with big files over ssh. I now tried
the current cvs version and it works much better, it never stalled anymore
in the last few days.

bye  Fabi